Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Friday, June 09, 2006

It's Not A Cabana, It's A Palapa

Silly me. My dh assures me that the wreck of a structure that is half our house is not a cabana, it's a palapa. A lean-to structure, generally covered with palm fronds. If I were anywhere near done packing and moving for this project, I'd go get some fronds, faux or not, cover the roof eaves and have a helluva margarita party this weekend. As it is, we're looking at a swim meet, birthday party for 5 year olds, and mucho packing moving and general distress.

The roofers came today, starting settling in and then left, claiming it might rain on Sunday. Huh??? I figure this falls completely in my contractor's court and he's OK with it, so I'm OK with it.

In only 5 days, I'm reduced to near despair. The children are a mess (it didn't help that it was the last day of school today, always emotional and bittersweet) and us 'rents aren't in much better shape. I'm trying to remember why this seemed like such a good idea and so very essential. Mindless packing and moving of our remaining belongings is the only solution to this problem. That and a few margaritas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home