Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Charging Forward



We're speeding toward the finish line! I returned home from the first day of school festivities to discover about a zillion different subs working hard. The concrete guys built forms and poured the missing curb next to the patio path. The painters power washed the exterior of the house in preparation for painting tomorrow. The HVAC guys were back and hooked up the heat and new thermostat. And our contractor began opening all those cabinet boxes and setting cabinets in place. They're gorgeous.

The Extended Day America hotel isn't working out well at all. We were quite uncomfortable last night. To say the place is spartan is putting it mildly, I find myself bringing soap, cleaning materials, towels, pillows, etc. The kids were really restless and I was uncomfortable. I decided this afternoon to bring the kids back for showers, since our bathroom is untiled and vulnerable, but to return to sleep at home. I'm glad I decided this, as there were not one, not two, but three running police cars (empty) outside the hotel when we pulled up. Enough is enough. We've paid for the week and will shower there, etc., but something new needs to happen next week when the floors are installed, even if it costs more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home