Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Color My World



After a bit of a quiet spell, we were back in full force yesterday. The concrete crew (about a dozen of them) poured the patio and walkway. They did a great job and the surface drains which were installed throughout are obviously working well. No more standing water. Hooray!

Our comic interlude for the day was putting our handprints in the wet concrete. The human side of it went just fine, but the canine portion of the event was a complete failure. I thoroughly enjoyed watching my husband try to coax our 13 year old (next weekend), gimpy, huge (120 pound) Alaskan Malamute to put his paw print in the cement. Bad Ice, Bad Ice, Wooo wooo wooo! I'm surprised no one was injured. Next time we'll just tell him to stay off the concrete and he'll hop right on, I'm sure. Worked great with the littlest kid.

The painters also arrived. I'd already picked out colors which complement our granite and overall organic scheme. Since we just can't do the full-on decorating thing at this juncture (we're out of time, money, and patience. Did I mention we're out of money?) we're painting almost every wall Spanish Sand (OK, it's beige, but fairly deep in tone and saturation) and the ceilings, trim, laundry room, and pantry Swiss Coffee (OK, it's white, deal with it). The music room/hubby office will be a fairly dark grayish green called Pine, quite lovely. I got in on the painting action myself, and painted the wall in The Boy's room which had the new window. I found a leftover nearly full gallon of his paint color so it wasn't too hard. The whole room really needs painting, but there's too much stuff in there to do it right now.

Today, it is 9:30 am and there are no painters (or anyone) on site. There are supposed to be painters painting and concrete workers polishing and ladies dancing and pipers piping, etc. Hope they show up soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home