Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stucco'd On You



The painters spent the day painting away. Lots of white stuff got painted white (great room ceiling, pantry, laundry room, interior of two new closets) and lots of other stuff got primed and ready to go (great room walls, kitchen, office/guestroom, master bath). Nothing has been done in the main hall and the office/music room. I'm not sure if I'm holding it up, I don't think so. I'm halfway done moving the huge pile o' stuff out of the music room. We're out of places to stash it all and things are getting ugly in that regard. We're living the puzzle about the fox, hen, and corn crossing the river on a daily basis.

The stucco guys reappeared and did another coat of stucco. The first coat was called the "brown" coat. I'm not sure what this coat is called. There is at least one more coat to finish the process. I want them to take their time; I worked on a construction defect case ages ago where the stucco of a home leaked like a sieve. Sure don't want to be those poor fools. Of course, I was smart enough to hire a general contractor, so I'm already ahead of the game in that regard.

In one of the photos, you can once again see the "jog" necessitated by "The Encroachment." Let's say it again: who would've thunk that our 36 year old tract home was torqued on the lot and encroached on the side set-back and contiguous City drainage easement? I'm just glad I stuck to my guns and advocated the "jog" rather than the "rip down the entire portion of the home which is encroaching" point of view which was strongly suggested by one of our professionals. Thanks again, City, for taking the rational view on this one and allowing the simplest solution to an unexpected problem. It's now one big "design feature" to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home