Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hammering It Home




There was lots of noise today, mostly hammering, and I am literally covered with sawdust as I write this, so a lot must have happened at the homestead. It's not apparent from the photos, however. I don't think putting those little pieces of wood on top of the cardboard forms would be that loud. The big piece of wood covering the big hole in the floor in what used to be the kitchen is more promising, but I still don't know exactly what they're doing there. The carpenters working on the forms did have a compressor going for quite a while and seemed to be up in the attic. Perhaps there was an electrician or plumber as well?

There were roofers here also and much of the existing roof is now covered with plywood, which is good. Not so good was the way roofing materials were flying and rolling off the roof all day. It was hot and they worked pretty hard, but they can't compare to my regular guys, who are not only skilled and hardworking, but clean up after themselves and strive not to endanger my family. Tomorrow: The City Foundation Inspection. Stay tuned!

On a more personal note, my muscles are comfortably sore from a long gym workout yesterday. It's so embarassing to just go to the gym for a shower, so my husband and I are both working out as well, something we used to do a lot and haven't done as much of late. Home remodelling project as motivational coach and personal trainer: I like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home