Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Sunday, June 18, 2006

TGIF


No it's not Friday, it's Thank God I've a Fan! And I don't mean a supportive and enthusiastic reader of this blog. I mean a small electric fan in the bedroom. It was just the ticket for the near-100 degree weather we had the last couple of days. While the wheezy old (circa 1970 original to the house!) Montgomery Ward air conditioner is still hooked up, it's hopeless with no roof and few walls, so we just turned it off. The little fan was remarkably effective in cooling our hot stuffy bedroom and allowing us to sleep comfortably. I'm not only grateful for the fan, but also for the joy something so simple has brought us. Perhaps this stripping down of possessions is having a positive effect after all.

Yesterday, Saturday, our hard-working construction guys were here all day in the sweltering heat installing more concrete forms and rebar in preparation for the foundation pour. Inspection still planned for Wednesday, pour on Thursday. It's so nice to see things being built instead of just torn down.

Finally, a very Happy Father's Day to my two favorite Dads: my own terrific father and my wonderful husband, father of my kids. Hope you both had a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger MathMom said...

We still have a ceiling, just no roof. Selected walls missing as well. So we have enough drywall in place to trap the hot stuffy air and not enough roof to keep out the dust. Oy.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home