Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We're Floored Again, Sort Of


The hardwood flooring is going in and I really love it. We selected salvage oak, it has a wonderful aged patina and lots and lots of nail holes, distressing, etc. A pre-distressed floor equals a not-distressed mommy! I'm very happy to have a floor which is impervious to the children's destructive ways. I initially said I'd never have oak, but this stuff is great. Our contractor is jealous, wants it in his house and has talked it up so much that he's installing it in his other two jobs this year also. So I'm spreading the word on this green, recycled material. Making the world a better place one floor at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home