Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Back In The Saddle

All the pesky documentation issues seem to have been resolved (whew!), the weather has cooled down, and we seem to be back to work. Hooray! The HVAC guys didn't quite finish up as they'd hoped, but the new (unexpected $1800) furnace is in and lots of silver hoses are snaking their way around. As one young visitor to the site remarked, "Watch out for the basilisk!" Constant vigilance, indeed! At least as far as dirt, staples and nails, and tripping hazards go.

Lots of electrical rough-in has happened, we may be done with this, not sure. The carpenters are doing stuff, or at least pounding a lot.

Since we have a wee bit of a Harry Potter theme going today (I am Chocolate Frog Princess for a reason), I must note that I read a Mugglenet editorial recently that made me stop and think a bit. The gist of it: Snape is Nagini. Hmmm ... I like it! There's the name, the hissing, and the fact that they've never been seen together. It just can't be (and I'm wracking my brain trying to prove definitively that it's not), but it would be a stunning plot twist worthy of JKR if it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home