Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Dog Ate My Homework



Computer problems precluded last night's post. Really, teacher, it's true. I think something's wrong with the power cord to my trusty laptop because the battery got completely drained and it didn't recognize that it was plugged in. Don't even get me started on the spyware issues I've had.

Anyway, the exciting news is that the laundry room is framed in. We have a new room! Unfortunately, when I measured again, I realized that the Pottery Barn (a place a love and that dh loathes) entry bench and hooks (an "entry system") will not fit by the door. So I'm going to use the IKEA hooks I had before with a smaller bench. Should still be very nice. The key for us is backpack and lunchbox management, leading to paper management. Everyone dumping their stuff in a huge spreading pile by the door just doesn't work out that well. As long as the backpacks are hung up -- or in the case of the rolly ones, "parked" neatly -- we have a fighting chance of getting the essential items cleaned, processed, and ready to go back out the next day.

We also had a lot of plumbing roughed in, as well as HVAC folk getting started. It gets hot here in the summer, so in HVAC we definitely trust!

I was stranded at home all day long yesterday because the van wasn't working well. Turns out it needed new struts and more. Annoying and expensive, as if we didn't have enough of that around lately. But the ransom has been paid and I have the van back. Now I can go spring the dry cleaning from the laundry hoosgow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home