Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

If I Had A Hammer


I'd hammer in the morning! I'd hammer in the evening! All over this land! ... I'd hammer the love between my brothers and my sisters! All over this land! Pete Seeger? No, apparently my intrepid carpenters, who hammered the living daylights out of the place today, including -- to my unexpected delight -- framing my office (the space which was formerly a formal dining room and which we transformed into a family room/office, but in reality was an ill-conceived blob of a room which included the entryway and the former formal living room, which we transformed into a music room/office, whew!).

We were supposed to have a City inspection of the "under floor" stuff, which I assume means the newly installed piers, joists, plumbing, and HVAC. Apparently the plumbers are a bit behind so it was unclear whether the work would be completed enough to pass inspection. I don't know whether the inspection took place or whether we passed, but stay tuned, results will be reported tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home