Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Saturday, September 30, 2006

So Close, Yet So Far Away




The trades descended en masse on the house yesterday, working busily to finish up. The tilers grouted the kitchen backsplash (except for the part that couldn't be installed because the cabinet skin is still AWOL and the upper cabinet can't be installed, and yes, I'm really beyond annoyed at the whole cabinet thing). It looks so beautiful. I keep saying it, but it's really true. I love it.

Electricians put in lighting in the new great room, kitchen, and laundry room. It's going to take a while to learn which switch turns on what (I haven't decided whether to label yet, might), but it's wonderful. The laundry room is completely operational and I've started doing mega-loads of laundry.

The painters have been painting, notably the front door, which looks stunning.

The hall bath is up and working. Woo hoo!

Everything kind of grinds to a halt next week while the floor refinishing happens. I think we'll be in a hotel again at least for part of the week because it's just not healthy to hang out around that amount of dust and smell and we don't want to wreck the floor finish before it's even done. Thank God for Priceline, I've really learned to work that system to our advantage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home