Remodel Me

This is the story of our home remodel, day by day. We expect laughter, tears, and lots and lots of dust. In the end, we hope to have a beautiful, larger updated home for our beautiful growing family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Sunday, October 15, 2006

FINAL-ly: We Passed!

In an almost anti-climactic finish, we passed the City's Final Inspection of our project without any delay or issues whatsoever. Have I mentioned what an amazing, exemplary job our contractor has done? No problems, no worries, everything looks great, works great, and we're done. Hooray!!

Now there's nothing left but the punch list. Which is fairly short and full of fairly minor items, most of which our guy is well aware and in the process of fixing. I'm sure a few more things will be added as we assemble, test, move in, etc., but it's not worrisome.

Have I mentioned lately how completely gorgeous it all is? My husband and I are so very pleased with the result. It took all of our resources, but we essentially have a new, beautiful home custom-made for our family.

I am a bit overwhelmed at all the moving back, unpacking, etc. but I'm lining up help and making a plan. Once we're back in, I'll get the place gussied up and "staged" a bit and take some final final photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home